Saturday, April 12, 2008

If you're not here, you need to get here!







If you are sitting at home, reading this blog, thinking about how much you should be here, you are right! Whistler is the place to be, and the TWSSF is the festival to be here for! I haven't been to the Festival in a few years (I know, that's horrible, I'm sorry, I'm a bad man) and, wow, everything about this place and this festival fills me with energy and creativity and joy and hope. This is way more than your average over-hyped festival! This is the perfect storm of mountain, music, art, and creative people! Get in your car! Buy a plane ticket! Get here now! There is still time! The Pontiac Stage had a rockin' roster of bands playing today.  We got rocked by Beyond the Fall, The Sessions, Whitfield, and  The Turn. If you haven't heard some of these guys, you need to go out and find them. Not all of it did it for me, but there were some songs and some bands that put the "Whiz" in "Whistler" (sorry, that was bad, but you get my meaning!)These photos are just a sample of the day - bands, people, snow, the winners of the Orage Masters, car painting, and the cool staff of a local coffee shop (yay coffee!). It all just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.


No comments: